The Housing Environment Improvement Programme (HEIP) is a new programme which replaces the Estate Improvement Grant.
This programme is designed to:
- maximise value for money through bringing together different funding pots to deliver bigger and more coordinated schemes which have more impact
- improve the legitimacy of programmes by increasing wider community ownership
- reduce administration and duplication
- have a positive environmental impact, improve the appearance of the local area and enhance quality of life
- compliment and align with wider council priorities
- ensure funding for schemes matches the tenure diversity of estates
The ward teams, led by councillors, will discuss priorities and suggestions along with possible solutions.
Any discussion areas which might attract HEIP funding can be submitted, as a potential scheme, to the HEIP Panel by the Community Involvement Officer. You can find contact details for your Community Involvement Officer on the relevant Residents' Associations page.
The Panel is made up of councillors, tenants and council officers, who will make sure the schemes put forward are feasible and meet the HEIP criteria.
For more information, contact the Housing Equalities and Engagement Facilitator.