Working on your behalf, Active York is a board of nominated leisure professionals and community representatives who are committed to making York the most physically active city in England.
Active York board
The board is:
- helping to shape the future of sport and active leisure in York
- championing issues affecting sport and physical activity in the city
- forging new partnerships on behalf of sport in York
Active York board members are representatives from community sports and sports sector professionals including higher education, professional sport, health, school sport and City of York Council.
Active York's focus
Active York’s two main areas of focus are:
- The Fund for the Gifted (FFG) - an initiative that aims to assist young, talented athletes to achieve their full potential in sport through financial and specialist sport support. (Athletes must reside in York, be aged between 10 and 24 and be competing, or coaching athletes, at district level or above)
- Active York Awards - the Awards have become a major event in York's sporting calendar, celebrating the contribution and achievements of sport in the city