Most young people make their way to adulthood happily and successfully, learning how to deal with the usual problems of adolescence along the way - with help from family, school and community.
For some young people it is not so straightforward, which is where our 'youth and community development leads' can help.
We can help:
- those who are vulnerable
- those who have additional needs
- those whose lives are messy or difficult
- help all young people with places to go, things to do and trusted people to talk to
- bring our professional resources and skills to support vulnerable young individuals and groups
- support communities and independent groups in providing constructive things to do and places to go for young people
Advice for young people
If you are a young person, information about the range of services and activities for you can be found at Yor-Zone - it also has information about people who can help you.
You can also get involved on the Yor-Zone Facebook site.
- Shine is a magazine aimed at school age children, young people and families. It contains information on lots of great activities throughout York that you can do in your free time. Produced 4 times a year Shine is available in schools, libraries and community centres usually 3 weeks before the start of each school holiday.
- Support for young people
- People and communities