Our equality objectives
Our current objectives are listed in 5 areas of performance:
- Knowing our communities - to better understand our diverse communities and their needs
- Involving our communities - to strengthen community participation and influence in the decision-making process
- Responsive services and customer care - to improve our customer experience to respond to differing needs
- A skilled and committed workforce - to strengthen our position as an 'equal opportunities' employer and service provider
- Leadership, partnership and organisational commitment - to strengthen our leadership role in developing and sharing good practice
Equality Framework for Local Government (EFLG)
We measure our performance against the Equality Framework for Local Government (EFLG), the national standard used to assess how well we're meeting our equalities objectives.
We reached the 'Excellent' level of the framework in January 2015.
Read more about our equalities monitoring process.
Visit York OpenData for further equalities information regarding York residents and our workforce.