- Description of role
We are looking for young people aged 11 to 18 to join the York Youth Council which meets fortnightly on a Wednesday evening during term time in the city centre.
The York Youth Council are a group of young people aged between 11 and 18 who come from all over the city to voice the views of young people.
The Youth Council works to make a positive difference that benefits all of York’s youth – examples of campaigns are Young People's Human Rights and the Minding Minds School Award for positive mental health.
- Benefits to the volunteer
- an opportunity to make a difference in the city
- a chance to develop your own skills
- gain experience of working with young people and young adults
- enhanced job opportunities
- Contact details for application or information
- Helen Jarvis-Ong or Shiona Marsh
- email: email@example.com