- Description of role
Volunteer parent mentors provide support to vulnerable parents.
This role brings huge benefits to our parents. As you build a trusting relationship with them you are able to move them in a positive direction. This enables them to make changes, be more resilient to the challenges they face and so to feel able to focus on their parenting.
You will meet the parent for a couple of hours a week at a mutually agreed time to offer advice and support, empowering them to advocate for themselves and their family.
We provide training and regular support and pay expenses.
- Benefits to the volunteer
- an opportunity to use your life experience to help parents through a difficult time
- access to initial and ongoing training
- experience of multi-agency working
- an opportunity to meet new people
- Contact details for application or information
- Alison Cammiss - Volunteer Manager for Children and Young People
- Tel: 07901 813436
- email: email@example.com