- Description of role
Friends of groups are formed by residents who want to make a difference in their local community and learn new skills.
Friends of groups take many forms, some hold regular committee meetings, some are much more 'hands on' with informal meetings.
Volunteers are invited to form Friends of groups for a site, or to join an existing group. Depending on your interests, you can be involved in applying for funding for projects, carrying out practical site improvements, or be involved with the site development.
- Benefits to the volunteer
- meeting new people
- working outdoors can result in improved health
- a chance to improve your gardening skills
- have an influence on what happens to green spaces in your area
- Map of areas covered by role
Use the map search bar to search by postcode or street name.
- Contact details for application or information
- Environment and Community Team
- telephone: 01904 553676
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org