If you are running a community group, or are planning or running a community group, here is a list of organisations which can provide help and guidance.
Community group advice
- Locality - national network of community-lead organisations, 'Locality' helps with setting up and supporting locally lead organisations to exchange ideas. They also provide advice on 'best practice' on community asset ownership, community enterprise and social action
- My Community - advice on Community Right to Bid, Community Right to Build, Community Right to Challenge, Asset Transfer, Neighbourhood Planning and Our Place Project
- Advising Communities - they offer help to individuals in need or organisations working within their community
Community group volunteering
- York CVS - York Centre for Voluntary Services offers support and advice to charities, community groups and social enterprises
Community group support
- Can Do Communities - A 'not for profit' Community Interest Company providing a wide range of community development support to everyone working within their community
Community group funding
- The National Lottery - a funding finder tool from the National Lottery - complete the online questionnaire to find suitable programmes
- The National Lottery Community Fund - a National Lottery organisation which distributes funds to community groups and projects to improve health, education and the environment
For further community group-related information and advice, see our community venue resources.