We're one of 5 councils in the North Yorkshire and Humber area delivering adoption services as part of One Adoption North and Humber.
The regional adoption service also includes:
- East Riding of Yorkshire Council
- Hull City Council
- North East Lincolnshire Council
- North Yorkshire Council
If you live in or near these areas and you're interested in adopting, contact One Adoption North and Humber for more information.
Visit First4Adoption for general information on adoption.
One Adoption North and Humber
Our joined-up approach to delivering adoption services will:
- allow children to be placed in a more timely way
- help support you on your adoption journey
- reach a wider audience of potential adopters
- enable us to develop our services more effectively
- share good practice across the region
Our adoption staff will continue to work in our local area, with children’s social work staff, to ensure continuity of care and support for children and families.
Our priorities are to:
- place children needing adoption without delay
- place children with families able to meet their needs
- streamline the assessment and approval process for people who want to adopt
The One Adoption North and Humber Statement of Purpose gives details about adoption in York.
Adoption is life changing for adults and children.
One Adoption North and Humber provide more information for those thinking about adoption:
- who can adopt
- children who need adopting
- the adoption process
- adopter family stories
- support for families who adopt
- adoption information events