We welcome enquiries from anyone interested. Once we've received your form, we will ask you to attend an information evening.
Changes to Adoption Services - Yorkshire & Humber
Adoption services are changing in order to be delivered on a more regional basis. This means that local authorities will no longer be providing individual adoption services but will combine to form a larger, more effective regional adoption agency. This will be happening in stages over the next few months in North Yorkshire and the Humber regions.
From April 2017, the local authorities in the area will be recruiting adopters jointly through a new regional recruitment website, One Adoption or via our recruitment hotline: 01904 566007. ‘One Adoption North and Humber’ will join together North East Lincolnshire Council, Hull City Council, North Yorkshire County Council, City of York Council, East Riding of Yorkshire Council, North Lincolnshire Council and the Voluntary Adoption Agencies (VAAs) including Adoption Support Agencies (ASAs).
Adopting in your area
Working regionally will allow children to be placed in a more timely way and improve the adoption and therapeutic support offer, as well as enabling us to share best practice and to develop our services more effectively. While the name of the agency in your local area will eventually change, the people and ethos remain the same, our aim being to continue to provide quality adoption support which meets the needs of all those involved in the adoption process.
This will mean:
- shared good practice across the region;
- placing children for adoption in a more timely way;
- recruiting families for the children who are waiting
- sharing the range, accessibility and quality of adoption support across the region
- providing a timely assessment and approval process for those wanting to adopt
All about adoption in York
Our Statement of Purpose gives details about adoption in York.
You can also find information about:
- Who can adopt?
- Which children need adopting?
- The adoption process
- See adoptive family profiles
- Support for families who adopt
- Fostering for adoption
- Come to an info evening
- First 4 Adoption - for general information on adoption