Adoption services in Yorkshire and Humber are changing. City of York Council and the other local authorities in the northern Yorkshire and Humber area are combining to form a single regional adoption agency to benefit adopters and children waiting for adoption, called One Adoption North and Humber.
One Adoption North and Humber brings together adoption services from North East Lincolnshire, Hull City, North Yorkshire, City of York, East Riding of Yorkshire and North Lincolnshire councils, to provide a one-stop regional adoption service.
Our priority is to place children needing adoption without delay with families able to meet their needs, streamline the assessment and approval process for people who want to adopt and provide support to adoptive families. By working together as a regional agency we will:
- share good practice across the region
- place children for adoption in a more timely way
- recruit families for the children in our care
- reach a wider audience of potential adopters
- share the range, accessibility and quality of adoption support across the region.
Although we are part of a new regional agency, we will continue to deliver adoption services at a local level. Adoption staff will continue to work in the local offices with children’s social work staff to ensure continuity of care and support for children and families.
For more information about One Adoption North and Humber and how to adopt, please go to www.oneadoption.co.uk or call our central information phone line on 01904 566007.
All about adoption in York
Our Statement of Purpose gives details about adoption in York.
You can also find information about:
- Who can adopt?
- Which children need adopting?
- The adoption process
- See adoptive family profiles
- Support for families who adopt
- Fostering for adoption
- Come to an info evening
- First 4 Adoption - for general information on adoption