The York Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Local Offer website provides information about the available support for parent carers, professionals as well as children and young people with SEND in York.
If a child or young person does not have SEND but you feel they need support in some part of their development, the information on the York SEND Local Offer website can help.
Watch our Local Offer Video which explains how this website might be helpful to you.
How our York SEND Local Offer can help you
Through the Local Offer service, we will:
- provide top tips for children and young people growing up in York
- provide support and opportunities for children and young people as they get older
- provide support Education, Health and Social Care services for parent carers
- improve services for parent carers and their children with special educational needs and/or disabilities; we'll work in joint partnership to make a difference
- provide links to the local and national offer available to you and your family to support emotionally, financially and in times of need
- support you on your journey with SEND by working together with families and providing a list of resources, one-page guides and key information
- supply information around post-16 education, preparing for and getting into work, transitioning to adulthood and living an independent life
- give professionals a range of local policies and guidance for those working with children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities as well as a range of up-to-date national policies and guidance
- help you to access local processes quickly when you need them, including safeguarding procedures, request for assessments and more
- provide resources for Early Years professionals, school and setting professionals, health and social care professionals