The City of York Health Trainers (CYC Health trainers) want to help you lead a happier, healthier life.
There are many things that affect how healthy you are; these include lifestyle factors such as healthy eating, exercise, alcohol and smoking.
Working within local communities, or remotely in order to ensure safe social distancing, the CYC Health Trainers can:
- provide advice and support on health issues
- encourage positive lifestyle and behaviour changes
- improve your health and wellbeing
- reduce health inequalities
Free health and wellbeing support
Our skilled trainers are able to offer free confidential one-to-one support and guidance, face-to-face or remotely, on the following:
- stop smoking advice
- alcohol awareness
- weight management
- physical activity
- social isolation
If you live in York and are over the age of 16 and want to make a health or lifestyle change please get in touch.
You can also follow us on social media:
Free health checks
The CYC Health Trainers offer free health checks for York residents aged between 40 and 74 where you can:
- learn about your risk of developing common but preventable health conditions such as diabetes and heart disease
- understand how lifestyle can influence your risk
- be supported to live a healthier lifestyle
To find out if you're eligible or to make an appointment, contact our team.
Stop Smoking support
The CYC Health Trainers also offer a free stop smoking support service for York residents.