Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator website
Health and social care

Help for sensory impaired adults

We're working with the Wilberforce Trust to co-ordinate sensory support services.

YorSensory support services

If you have a sensory loss or impairment and are finding it difficult to manage, YorSensory offers the following services:

  • registration of people who are blind or partially sighted
  • help and support for people finding it difficult coming to terms with sensory loss
  • individual needs assessment
  • information, advice and support
  • specialist equipment
  • rehabilitation and mobility training
  • advice and support to carers
  • access to services provided by other partners

Accessing YorSensory support services

The YorSensory ‘support hub’, based at Wilberforce Trust headquarters, provides a single point of referral for customers with:

  • visual impairment
  • hearing loss
  • dual sensory loss

YorSensory outreach service

YorSensory outreach venues have been set up for those who are unable to visit the support hub, and offer the same advice and support within the community.

Outreach venues also:

  • offer equipment demonstrations
  • work closely with other providers such as MySight York

Also see

YorSensory Hub

YorSensory Hub, Wilberforce House, The Grove, York, YO24 1AN

Telephone: 01904 202292