In readiness for the winter season and bad weather conditions, we:
- stockpile grit supplies to help keep the city moving during the winter months - find out more about gritting routes and salt bins
- provide tips to help you stay warm and healthy - see information on winter health
- provide support for rough sleepers and the homeless
- prepare for disruptions to waste and recycling collections - get information on our winter waste services
- provide details of school closures
Visit iTravel York for information on buses, cycling, car sharing, Park and Ride, walking and journey planning.
You can also make sure you're 'Weather Ready' with advice from the Met Office