Find learning and development opportunities which suit your needs with the Workforce Development Unit (WDU).
We offer classroom courses and e-learning modules covering a wide range of topics.
Learning through the WDU is open to:
- City of York Council (CYC) staff
- CYC contractors
- individuals in York not employed by CYC
- businesses throughout York
Our services are also available to our partners within York, including:
- anyone working with vulnerable adults
- Early Years providers
- taxi drivers
There are approximately 200 face-to-face courses available and we regularly add new online courses.
These are all available on both a charged and non-charged basis, depending on your job or status.
My Learning Organiser (MyLO)
My Learning Organiser (MyLO) is our learning website. MyLO allows you to access information and make course bookings easily from any PC or mobile device once you've registered an account.
With a MyLO account you can:
- view available courses and details of any fees
- book face-to-face or online courses
- complete a number of courses online
- keep up-to-date with new information and resources
- upload any personal development activity
- keep all of your records in one place
MyLO for managers
If you're a manager you can keep up to date with your staff learning via Mylo, supporting their development through a reporting system that tracks data on learning activity, bookings and attendance.
Mylo provides an organisation of any size the ability to:
- offer a variety of training opportunities and delivery methods
- set out individual learning paths for different staff members or teams
- receive regular reminders and alerts regarding courses which are due
- ensure all staff stay compliant with statutory requirements
- have a central place for learning, improving consistency of delivery
- access management information and reporting to ensure learning targets are being achieved and resources invested well