Find learning and development opportunities which suit your needs with the Workforce Development Unit (WDU).
We offer face-to-face and 'virtual' courses, as well as e-learning modules covering a wide range of topics.
Learning through the WDU is open to:
- City of York Council (CYC) staff
- CYC contractors
- individuals working in York not employed by CYC
- businesses and voluntary organisations throughout York
Our services are also available to our partners within York, including:
- people working with vulnerable adults
- Early Years providers
- taxi drivers
We offer over 200 face-to-face and ‘virtual’ courses, and regularly add new e-learning modules.
Our face-to-face and ‘virtual’ courses are available on both a chargeable and non-chargeable basis, depending on your job or status.
My Learning Organiser: MyLO
MyLO, our online learning platform, allows you to browse courses and make course bookings from any PC or mobile device once you've registered for an account.
With a MyLO account you can:
- view courses and fee information
- book face-to-face and 'virtual' courses
- complete e-learning modules
- access course resources
- keep all your training records in one place
- upload personal development activity
MyLO for managers
Managers can keep up to date with their staff training on MyLO by running reports that track data on:
- completed training
- course attendance
- future course bookings
MyLO also allows managers to:
- specify individual training paths for different staff members/teams
- receive reminders regarding training due for renewal
- ensure their staff remain compliant with statutory requirements
- access management information to ensure learning targets are being achieved