Yorkcraft provides employment opportunities for Disabled people, providing placements on a short-term or part-time (minimum 16 hours) basis.
Yorkcraft also provide employment training for people who have previously experienced barriers to employment.
You can use the service if you:
- have a disability and face barriers to finding and keeping employment
- are long-term unemployed
- are prepared to work for 6 months
You would need to contact Jobcentre Plus who would then refer you to Shaw Trust. After an initial assessment and job search, Shaw Trust would identify an appropriate organisation for employment, which may include Yorkcraft.
How Yorkcraft could help you
We provide experience and training in a range of activities including:
- direct mail
- contract packing
- sub assembly
- storage and archiving
- confidential waste disposal
- light removals
We will work with and support you to:
- develop your skills through training and setting work-related and personal goals
- attend Shaw Trust job clubs to help you to progress to external employment
- gain experience and work-related activities, to help develop your CV