Specialist Learning and Employment Advisers can support you if you're aged 13 to 25, in education and training, and have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP).
Specialist Learning and Employment Advisers work with:
- secondary schools in York
- local and specialist colleges
- personalised learning and training providers
Help from Specialist Learning and Employment Advisers
Specialist Learning and Employment Advisers offer information and advice to parents and carers, to help plan for when a young person leaves school.
They offer support with:
- preparing for the next steps after school and college
- getting impartial information and guidance on a range of available options
- making informed choices through visits and 'taster sessions' with local education providers
- arranging personalised learning programmes for those who need more flexibility
They also work closely with other members of the Preparing for Adulthood Team, which includes:
- social workers
- care managers
- the York Independent Living and Travel Skills service (YILTS)
What's next? booklet
Download our 'What's next?' booklet which gives information on post-school education and training options for young people with an EHCP.
For further information, contact your school or college.