Specialist Careers Advisers can support you if you're aged 13 to 25, in education and training, and have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP).

Specialist Careers Advisers work with:

  • secondary schools in York
  • local and specialist colleges
  • personalised learning and training providers

Help from Specialist Careers Advisers

Specialist Careers Advisers take time to find out about your hopes and ambitions and support you with:

  • preparing for the next steps after school and college
  • getting impartial information and guidance on a range of options available
  • making informed choices through visits and 'taster sessions' with local education providers
  • arranging personalised learning programmes for those who need more flexibility

Specialist Careers Advisers also offer information and advice to parents/carers, to help plan for when a young person leaves school.

They work closely with other members of the 'Transition Team', which includes social workers, care managers and the York Independent Living and Travel Skills service (YILTS).

Also see

Comment on this page