Specialist Careers Advisers can support you if you're aged 13 to 25, in education and training, and have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP).
Specialist Careers Advisers work with:
- secondary schools in York
- local and specialist colleges
- personalised learning and training providers
Help from Specialist Careers Advisers
Specialist Careers Advisers offer information and advice to parents/carers, to help plan for when a young person leaves school.
They offer support with:
- preparing for the next steps after school and college
- getting impartial information and guidance on a range of available options
- making informed choices through visits and 'taster sessions' with local education providers
- arranging personalised learning programmes for those who need more flexibility
They also work closely with other members of the Preparing for Adulthood Team, which includes:
- social workers
- care managers
- the York Independent Living and Travel Skills service (YILTS)
What's next? booklet
Download our 'What's next?' booklet which gives information on post-school education and training options for young people with an EHCP.