Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator website
Children and families

Services for childcare providers

If you want to become a childminder, start a nursery or run an out of school club, you can get information from:

Becoming a childminder

We can give you basic advice over the phone, send you information in the post or invite you to an information evening.

Starting a new nursery

The Early Years Development and Childcare Partnership helps create new childcare places and ensure that new provision is in the right place. Please contact us for more information.

Starting an out-of-school club

We can help people interested in setting up new clubs, in partnership with York Childcare Out of School service.

Looking for a job in childcare

If you are interested in working with children, or are looking for a job in childcare you can view current vacancies at

Training courses

The Workforce Development Unit (WDU) provides learning and development opportunities to individuals and organisations who provide care, support or services to adults and children in York.

Also see

Family Information Service

West Offices, Station Rise, York, YO1 6GA

Telephone: 01904 554444