Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator website
Your council

Overseas electors

If you are a British or eligible Irish citizen living abroad who has previously lived in the UK, or been registered to vote on the electoral register in the UK, you can register to vote as an 'overseas elector' in UK Parliamentary elections (not in local elections, nor in Combined Authority mayoral elections).

If you move back to the UK as a full-time resident, you can register to vote using your permanent address and be granted full voting rights.

See information from the Electoral Commission on voting if you live overseas.

Also see

Electoral Services

West Offices, Station Rise, York, YO1 6GA

Telephone: 01904 551007