In our role as an ‘Appropriate Body’, we provide support for Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) and schools as part of the statutory induction process.
We can provide independent quality assurance for the induction process for NQTs.
- schools provide adequate support for NQTs
- NQT assessment is fair and consistent
We will send enrolment forms to schools to register us as their 'Appropriate Body' during the summer term; alternatively see useful downloads for NQT Induction Providers.
NQTs cannot start their induction until their ‘Appropriate Body’ organisation has been agreed.
Our service offers:
- support throughout the induction programme
- Induction Tutor updates
- in-school support from the local authority Lead Induction Tutor
- administration, support and guidance
- reminders of when each assessment is due
- welcome meetings for all NQTs
- guidance on the statutory induction process
- free support and training for Induction Tutors
The cost of our service for 2018-19 is £100.00 per NQT - this is a new flat rate applicable to all, effective from September 2018.
Welcome meetings and Induction Tutor and Mentor meetings are offered free of charge through the Pathfinder package.
Schools that do not register NQTs with us as their ‘Appropriate Body’, or opt out of NQT induction training can still access:
- NQT welcome meetings
- Induction Tutor updates
You should notify us if an NQT’s contract or hours have changed since the last induction period, so that we can calculate revised deadlines. This information is essential for our records and is also used for planning purposes.
All forms should be submitted by email.
If you need to send forms by post, send them to:
Effectiveness and Achievement Administrative Assistant, West Offices, Station Rise, York, YO1 6GA
You should notify us by email if you're sending your forms by post and mark envelopes 'Confidential', indicating that NQT assessment forms are enclosed.
Forms submitted electronically do not need to be sent by post, unless they cannot be signed with an e-signature.
Newly Qualified Teacher induction training
See the Pathfinder website for details of the comprehensive training programme for NQTs for 2018-19.
Concerns about an NQT's performance
It is essential that the Appropriate Body is notified as soon as possible if there are any concerns regarding an NQT’s performance. If an extension to induction may be required this must be agreed with the Appropriate Body.
Newly Qualified Teacher documents
You must submit forms for the current academic year, even if the NQT is completing induction across two academic years.
For example, if an NQT started induction in 2017-18, you must complete the 2018-19 forms now. Full dates (dd/mm/yy) must be stated on ALL forms as the Teaching Regulation Agency (TRA) requires exact dates for their records.
We will accept assessment forms for 2018-19 as follows:
- 10 December 2018 to 18 January 2019
- 25 March to 3 May 2019
- 5 July to 19 July 2019
Contact us if you're outside the City of York area and these dates are not convenient due to different term dates.
Useful downloads for NQT Induction Providers
2018 to 2019 NQT downloads
- 1st and 2nd assessment form 2018-19 (including Teacher Standards)
- Final assessment form 2018-19 (including Teacher Standards)
- 1st and 2nd assessment form 2018-19 (excluding Teacher Standards)
- Final assessment form 2018-19 (excluding Teacher Standards)
- Appropriate Body registration form 2018-19 (City of York Council)
- Appropriate Body registration form 2018-19 (external)
2019 to 2020 NQT downloads
- 1st and 2nd assessment form 2019-20 (including Teacher Standards)
- Final assessment form 2019-20 (including Teacher Standards)
- 1st and 2nd assessment form 2019-20 (excluding Teacher Standards)
- Final assessment form 2019-20 (excluding Teacher Standards)
- Appropriate Body registration form 2019-20 (City of York Council)
- Appropriate Body registration form 2019-20 (external)