Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator website
Environment and animals

Noise from pubs, clubs and licensed premises

Our Public Protection team can give advice, investigate and take legal action relating to noise from licensed premises, including:

  • loud music
  • singing
  • shouting
  • customers talking loudly
  • noise from beer gardens

Every pub, club or licensed premises, including takeaways and restaurants, has a licence which says how their business should be run without causing a nuisance to neighbours; information on these licences is available from Licensing Services.

Code of Practice for outdoor music events

We provide guidance on minimising noise in our Code of Practice for businesses and event organisers who are considering organising an outdoor event. It gives advice on noise issues and includes necessary forms which event organisers would need to complete and submit during the planning stage.

Guidance for pubs, small licensed venues and clubs

Our guidance leaflet on controlling noise helps landlords and event organisers take a pro-active approach to preventing noise complaints.

If you require a paper copy of this document, please contact our Public Protection team.

Also see

Neighbourhood Enforcement Team

Community Safety Hub, West Offices, Station Rise, York, YO1 6GA

Telephone: 01904 551555

Noise Patrol

Out of hours noise complaints only; Friday and Saturday, from 9.00pm to 2.30am.

Telephone: 01904 551555