The Housing Environment Improvement Programme (HEIP) is an initiative which replaces the Estate Improvement Grant.
This programme is designed to:
- maximise value for money through bringing together different funding pots to deliver bigger and more coordinated schemes which have more impact
- improve the legitimacy of schemes by increasing wider community ownership
- reduce administration and duplication
- have a positive environmental impact; improve the appearance of the local area and enhance quality of life
- compliment and align with wider council priorities
- ensure funding for schemes matches the tenure diversity of estates
The ward teams, led by councillors, will discuss priorities and suggestions along with possible solutions.
You can submit any schemes which may attract HEIP funding to the HEIP Panel via your local Community Involvement Officer. You can find contact details for your Community Involvement Officer on the relevant Residents' Associations page.
The Panel is made up of councillors, tenants and council officers, who will make sure the schemes put forward are feasible and meet the HEIP criteria.
HEIP Panel meetings
The next HEIP Panel meeting will take place on 16 October 2018; the following meeting papers are available to download:
View the action plans from previous HEIP panel meetings:
- October 2018 action plan updates
- July 2018 action plan updates
- May 2018 action plan updates
- January 2018 action plan updates
- October 2017 action plan updates
- August 2017 action plans (first HEIP panel meetings)
For more information, contact our Housing Equalities and Engagement Facilitator.