Our publication scheme commits us to make information available to the public as part of our normal business activities.
Our publication scheme contains information on:
- the classes of information held by the council
- how we make information available
- charges for published information that may apply
- re-use of public sector information
The scheme commits us to:
- proactively publish or otherwise make available as a matter of routine, information that we hold, including environmental information, that falls within the classes of information
- specify the information which is held by the council and falls within the classes of information
- proactively publish or otherwise make available as a matter of routine, information in line with the statements contained within this scheme
- produce and publish details of how information will be made available, so that it can be easily identified and accessed
- review and update on a regular basis the information we make available under this scheme
- produce a schedule of any charges that may be made for access to information which is made proactively available
- make this publication scheme available to the public
- publish any dataset we hold that has been requested, and any updated versions we hold, unless we are satisfied that it is not appropriate to do so
- publish the dataset, where reasonably practicable, in an electronic form that is capable of re-use; and, if any information in the dataset is a relevant copyright work and the council is the only owner, to make the information available for re-use under the terms of the Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations 2015, if they apply, and otherwise under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act section 19. The term ‘dataset’ is defined in section 11(5) of the Freedom of Information Act. The term ‘relevant copyright work’ is defined in section 19(8) of that Act
Requests for information
You can request information we hold that is not published under this scheme. To make a request:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- telephone: 01904 554145
- post: City Of York Council, Corporate Governance Team, West Offices, Station Rise, York, YO1 6GA
You can also make a freedom of information request using our online form.
Approval and adoption
This scheme was adopted by us on 10 December 2008 and amended in July 2012.
It has been reviewed and amended in July 2012, September 2019 and May 2022.