Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator website
Environment and animals

Exporting food and unfit food

If you export food to non-EC countries you are usually required to provide a 'health and purity certificate' ("fit for consumption" certificate) to show that the food is fit for human consumption.

Collection of unfit food from a business

If you have unfit food for disposal you will need to make arrangements with a suitable waste disposal company who can collect this from you.

Certification of unfit food

You can get a certificate of unfit food from us if, the food has been found to be unsaleable or unmarketable because of its condition. For example, when a freezer has broken down and the owner of the food is making an insurance claim.

Information requests

Charges are usually made when you make a request for information that we are not legally required to provide.

Exporting food and unfit food fees

Find out more about food and safety licence fees for exporting food and unfit food.

Also see

Food and Safety Unit

Eco Depot, Hazel Court, York, YO10 3DS

Telephone: 01904 551525