Advice on your consumer rights

If you think you've been treated unfairly or something has gone wrong with a product, contact the Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline. They work on behalf of Trading Standards and can provide advice on a range of issues, including:

  • credit and store cards
  • faulty goods
  • counterfeit goods
  • poor service
  • problems with contracts
  • problems with builders
  • rogue traders

Call the Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline or make an enquiry by completing an online form.

Where appropriate, the Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline will pass details of your complaint to Trading Standards.

Also see

Public Protection Unit - Trading Standards

Eco Depot, Hazel Court, York, YO10 3DS

Telephone: 08082 231133