Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator website

Consumer credit licences

If your business offers credit or lends money to consumers, or allows customers time to pay for goods and services, it must be licensed by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).

The FCA holds a Consumer Credit Register, which is a public record of all licensed traders and of all those who have applied for a licence. They can provide details to the public about its licensed businesses, such as:

  • the type of activities they cover
  • their authorised trading names
  • their main business address

For further information or to apply for a credit licence visit the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) website.

Also see

Licensing Services

Eco Depot, Hazel Court, York, YO10 3DS

Telephone: 01904 552422