Governing boards can buy professional clerking services from us, to assist effective governance in schools and academies in York.
Our Governor Support Officers can:
- prepare for, and record, all meetings of the governing board
- offer advice on current governance legislation, policy and procedures
- offer advice and support in recording formal complaints and disciplinary/capability hearings
- participate in regular, focused training
Support for clerks employed directly by a school or academy
We can provide advice, support and training for clerks if a governing board has clerks who are directly employed by a school or academy (within legal requirements detailed in the relevant guidance).
We can help ensure clerks are familiar with all aspects of the role and meet the governing board's expectation for:
- professional, independent support
- a good working knowledge of governance regulation and statutory responsibilities
Contact our Governor Support and Development Service for further information.