The City of York Health Trainers (CYC Health trainers) want to help you lead a happier, healthier life.
There are many things that affect how healthy you are; these include lifestyle factors such as healthy eating, exercise, alcohol and smoking.
Working within local communities, or remotely in order to ensure safe social distancing, the CYC Health Trainers can:
- provide advice and support on health issues
- encourage positive lifestyle and behaviour changes
- improve your health and wellbeing
- reduce health inequalities
Free health and wellbeing support
Our skilled trainers are able to offer free confidential one-to-one support and guidance, face-to-face or remotely, on the following:
- stop smoking advice
- alcohol awareness
- weight management
- physical activity
- social isolation
If you live in York and are over the age of 16 and want to make a health or lifestyle change please get in touch.
You can also follow us on social media:
Free health checks
The Health Check programme in York was paused in line with national guidance at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are currently making changes to this programme, and for this reason Health Checks in York will restart in Autumn 2021.
The CYC Health Trainers offer free health checks for York residents aged between 40 and 74 where you can:
- learn about your risk of developing common but preventable health conditions such as diabetes and heart disease
- understand how lifestyle can influence your risk
- be supported to live a healthier lifestyle
Stop Smoking support
The CYC Health Trainers also offer a free stop smoking support service for York residents.