The City of York Health Trainers (CYC Health trainers) want to help you lead a happier, healthier life.
There are many things that affect how healthy you are; these include lifestyle factors such as healthy eating, exercise, alcohol and smoking.
Working within local communities, the CYC Health Trainers can:
- provide advice and support on health issues
- encourage positive lifestyle and behaviour changes
- improve your health and wellbeing
- reduce health inequalities
CYC Health Trainers free health checks
The CYC Health Trainers offer free health checks for York residents aged between 40 and 74 where you can:
- learn about your risk of developing common but preventable health conditions such as diabetes and heart disease
- understand how lifestyle can influence your risk
- be supported to live a healthier lifestyle
To find out if you're eligible or to make an appointment, contact our team.
Stop Smoking support
The CYC Health Trainers also offer a free stop smoking support service for York residents.