Building and demolition sites can be very noisy, but careful planning can reduce the impact on neighbouring residents and properties.
Preventing building and demolition noise nuisance
We recommend that you:
- limit hours of work to between 8.00am and 6.00pm on weekdays, or 9.00am and 1.00pm on Saturday
- do not carry out work on Sunday or public holidays
- inform neighbours of proposed works and how long they will take
- provide a contact telephone number in the event of any problems
- do not use radios or stereos on site
- avoid shouting
- turn machinery off when not in use
For further information and advice see our developer's guide for controlling pollution and noise from building, construction and demolition sites.
Neighbourhood Enforcement Team
Community Safety Hub
Friday and Saturday: 9.00pm to 3.00am