Building and demolition sites can be very noisy, but careful planning can reduce the impact on neighbouring residents and properties.
Preventing building and demolition noise nuisance
We recommend that you:
- limit hours of work to between 8.00am and 6.00pm on weekdays, or 9.00am and 1.00pm on Saturday
- do not carry out work on Sunday or public holidays
- inform neighbours of proposed works and how long they will take
- provide a contact telephone number in the event of any problems
- do not use radios or stereos on site
- avoid shouting
- turn machinery off when not in use
For further information and advice see our developer's guide for controlling pollution and noise from building, construction and demolition sites.