Food, agriculture and animal feed
As part of our 'food standards' work we ensure that animal feed premises comply with current European legislation.
- register and approve certain feed premises such as farms and feed manufacturers
- inspect animal feed premises
- take samples of feed to ensure they are safe and of the correct quality
- work with food and drink businesses that supply co-products used in animal feed
Feed hygiene regulations
For information relating to the Feed Hygiene Regulations, the Food Standards Agency (FSA) provides the following:
- Animal feed businesses - How to apply for apply for approval/registration
- Animal feed legislation and guidance
- Advice for the food/drink industry supplying material for animal feed use
How to apply
If you would like more information and how to apply, please go to Application form for food/drink industry premises for more information.