Equality and diversity
We are committed to fairness and equality in everything we do.
Our vision for York is to be an equal, inclusive, and welcoming council and city, making sure that everyone enjoys the excellent quality of life our city offers.
In the Equality and Diversity section below:
You can find out more about translation services, communication and DisabledGo.
Also see the sections on the left side of this page for further information including Equality Law and Our approach to equalities and much more.
Our equality committment statement
- value diversity
- challenge all forms of unfairness
- aim to promote self-confident and harmonious communities
- place fairness and inclusion at the heart of our strategies and services.
To achieve this we will develop targets that will help us to:
- reduce social, economic and educational disadvantage
- move towards a more representative workforce and councillor body.
- listen to our customers and communities and not make assumptions on their part
- use our procurement, commissioning and grant-giving practices to promote fairness and diversity