As an apprentice, you will:
- earn a salary; apprentices in York earn on average between £105 and £350 per week
- get a minimum of 12 months paid employment and holiday pay
- learn job specific skills
- be able to apply to university once you’ve completed your apprenticeship, or
- in some cases, work up the levels to get a degree through apprenticeship training
- get to graduate! Apprentices in York are invited to attend a graduation ceremony
For more information on apprenticeships, download our York Apprenticeship Guide.
Already in employment?
You can now do apprenticeship training if you're already in employment for professional development, such as working towards management training or higher and degree level qualifications.
Speak to your employer or contact us for more information.
Search for apprenticeship vacancies
You can also search through the types of apprenticeships available and which providers deliver them on the Find Apprenticeship Training website.
Further information about careers and apprenticeships
- visit Yor-Zone to help you decide your next steps
- get in touch with your school or college careers advisor
- contact the National Careers Service if you're aged 18+
- contact us
Information for parents about apprenticeships
Parents can download our apprenticeship factsheet for more information about the benefits of apprenticeships.
Information for businesses about apprenticeships
We offer a free service to help businesses hire an apprentice.