See other ways to contact us.
Our purpose-built customer centre is located in West Offices, an 1841 grade 2 listed building and former railway station. If you need to visit in person we’re open Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm. Alternatively you can do-it-online.
The building has:
- level access (on the ground floor)
- automatic doors
- height adjustable self-service desks
- portable hearing loops
- toilet and baby-changing facilities
- free Wi-Fi
- health and safety procedures
It’s also an award winning example of sustainable regeneration, with a blend of old and new architecture. The sustainable design, construction and operation includes rainwater harvesting, solar panels, bio fuels for heating and natural lighting and ventilation. Find out about public art in West Offices.
Travel and parking
West Offices is within easy walking distance from the city centre, York railway station and bus stops on Rougier Street and Station Road. See walkit.com for a walking map.
Bicycles can be parked and secured opposite West Offices entrance.
In our customer centre you can access information and services related to:
- benefits advice and support
- business rates
- education and learning
- training and apprenticeships
- environment and waste
- planning and building control
- adults and children's social care
- the Youth Offending Team
- housing options and homelessness
- leisure and culture
- transport, travel and streets
- council tax
- councillors and local democracy
Arriving at West Offices
Use our simple touch screen to let us know you’ve arrived or to book in, to speak to someone. Alternatively our helpful staff will be available to find out what you need and show you what to do next.
You may be shown how to use one of our self-service computers or telephones to get the information you need, order a service or pay your bill in our self-service area.
If you need to speak to someone you’ll get a numbered ticket. Our large screens display your position in the queue; your number will be flashed up and announced when it’s your turn. Private meeting rooms are available, if needed.
Other services at West Offices
Other organisations also provide services in West Offices, including:
- York and District Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB), tel: 08444 111 444
- South Yorkshire Credit Union, tel: (03030) 300010
- York Learning, tel: (01904) 554277
- NHS Vale of York Clinical Commissioning Group, tel: 01904 555870
- Public Health England (PHE)
Our other buildings
- Hazel Court
- The Guildhall
- York Register Office
- York Mansion House (home to the Lord Mayor of York during their term of office)
- York Barbican (owned by us and managed by SMG (UK) Ltd)
Also see places to get advice in Acomb.