Schools and education

Eligibility for assistance with travel to college or sixth form

You will be eligible to apply for assistance with transport to college or a school sixth form school if you:

  • attend a full–time course (more than 16 hours per week) at the nearest publicly funded school or college that offers your course, or you are attending the school serving the catchment area where you live, and
  • are aged 16 but under 19 on 31 August at start of the school year and
  • are resident in York and
  • live more thanthree miles from this school or college

You must also be either:

  • living independently, or
  • from a family who are on a low income

By low income we mean parents/carers whose children are entitled to free school meals.

Also see

School Services

West Offices, Station Rise, York, YO1 6GA

Telephone: 01904 551554