To limit disruption, we aim to coordinate roadworks with essential utility works. However, you may experience some delays due to traffic levels or roadworks.
Check our roadworks map before you travel, to stay ahead of potential congestion in York; see if you’re better off leaving the car at home, or using public transport:
- get live updates on Twitter from @York_travel
- check your bus service or park and ride information
- see details of temporary traffic restrictions (road closures)
- see details of temporary parking suspensions
- see details of planned highways works for the coming year
Our map of roadworks shows the location and details of likely delays.
Email updates about roadworks
Use the envelop icon on the map (opens in new window) to get email updates about roadworks and traffic disruptions; first create a free account with one.network, then sign in to select the location, type and frequency of one.network alerts you want to receive.
Find out more about current projects related to our local travel network:
- James Street crossing improvements near Hallfield Road
- Hull Road and Osbaldwick Link Road junction improvements
- 'UFO' (Ultra Fibre Optic) project
- Improvements to York's outer ring road (YORR)
- Challenge Funding bid to reinvigorate the National Cycle Network Route 65 through York
- The Groves low traffic neighbourhood trial
- Planned highways works for the coming year