If you are unwell or injured it is important to choose the right service as A&E is not 'for anything and everything'. Numerous services are on hand to help you.
Need treatment or care? Get the right care, first time.
- 27 per cent of people who book a GP appointment could have had their issue resolved a different way
- 40 percent of A&E patients require no treatment
Choosing the right care, first time means that you and your family will get the best treatment available and allows busy NHS services to provide treatment and care in the most appropriate setting.
The NHS Vale of York Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) offer further advice regarding choosing the right NHS service.
For illnesses and injuries that require fast treatment or advice, call the NHS 111 Service - for urgent but non-emergency calls.
Local health contacts
There are a number of local services that can help you get the support and advice you need this winter:
- Age UK York: 01904 627995
- York Older People's Assembly: 01904 761240
- First Call 50+: 01904 634061
- York Blind and Partially Sighted Society: 01904 636269
- York Resource Centre for Deafened People: email@example.com
- Alzheimers Society: 01904 567701
- Dementia Forward: 01904 692473
- York People First: 01904 479315
- York Carers Centre: 01904 715490
- York CAB: 03444 111 444
- Samaritans: 116 123
- York Wheels: 01904 630080
- York Mind: 01904 643364
- York Family Information Service: 01904 554444
- Healthwatch York: 01904 621133
For more information on care and support services in York visit Connect to Support York.
You can also see our tips on staying well this winter.