We keep the Attend Anywhere Video Appointments Privacy Notice under review. It was last reviewed and updated in July 2020.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice contact the council’s Data Protection Officer.
View the privacy information for all of the City of York Council (CYC).
- collecting personal data
- using personal data
- our legal basis for using personal data
- sharing data under Data Protection legislation
- retaining personal data
- further processing of personal data
- third parties
- your rights relating to personal data
Collecting personal data
The Council will collect your personal data when you attend a virtual appointment and this privacy notice explains how we will use it.
- only ask you for the information that is necessary
- protect it and make sure nobody has access to it who shouldn’t
- ensure you know if you have a choice about giving us information
- make sure we don’t keep it for longer than is necessary
We ask that you:
- give us accurate information
- tell us as soon as possible of any changes
- tell us as soon as possible if you notice mistakes in the information we hold about you
If you don't provide the personal data requested by us, you will not be able to attend a virtual appointment through Attend Anywhere with us.
Using personal data
The information you give us will be used by the council to set up the virtual appointment with you.
Our legal basis for using personal data
We get your explicit consent before you can join a virtual appointment using Attend Anywhere.
Sharing data under Data Protection legislation
We may be required or permitted, under data protection legislation, to disclose your personal data without your explicit consent, for example if we have a legal obligation to do so, such as for:
- law enforcement
- fraud investigations
- regulation and licensing
- criminal prosecutions
- court proceedings
Retaining personal data
The information you provide to join a virtual appointment will be securely deleted and destroyed at the end of the virtual appointment.
At the end of the retention period, we may pass any relevant information to the City Archives where it is required or appropriate to do so.
Further processing of personal data
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Privacy Notice, then we'll provide you with a new notice.
The new notice will:
- explain this new use before we start the processing
- set out the relevant purposes and processing conditions
Where and whenever necessary, we'll seek your consent to the new processing, if we start to use your personal data for a purpose not mentioned in this Privacy Notice.
We have an agreement in place with Involve and Attend Anywhere to provide secure video based appointments or assessments.
View the Attend Anywhere privacy notice.
Your rights relating to personal data
When we collect your personal data we'll tell you how we are going to use it. Where we process your personal data, you have a number of rights under data protection law.