In our role as an ‘Appropriate Body’, we provide support for Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) and schools as part of the statutory induction process.
We can provide independent quality assurance for the induction process for NQTs.
In this role we ensure:
- schools provide adequate support for NQTs
- NQT assessment is fair and consistent
Details and enrolment forms for schools to register us as their 'Appropriate Body' will be sent to schools during the summer term. Alternatively you can download a registration form.
NQTs cannot start their induction until their ‘Appropriate Body’ organisation has been agreed.
Our service offers:
- support throughout the induction programme
- Induction Tutor updates
- in-school support from the local authority Lead Induction Tutor
- administration, support and guidance
- reminders of when each assessment is due
- welcome meetings for all NQTs
- guidance on the statutory induction process
- free support and training for Induction Tutors
The cost of our service is:
- 1 Newly Qualified Teacher: £150
- 2 to 4 Newly Qualified Teachers: £100 each
- 5 or more Newly Qualified Teachers: £50 each
Welcome meetings and Induction Tutor and Mentor meetings are offered free through the Pathfinder package.
Schools that do not register NQTs with us as their ‘Appropriate Body’, or opt out of NQT induction training can still access:
- NQT welcome meetings
- Induction Tutor updates
Please remember to notify the NQT Administrator by emailing email@example.com if an NQT’s contract or hours have changed since the last induction period, so that revised deadlines can be calculated. This is essential for our records and this information is also used by other team members for planning purposes.
Please submit forms by email. If forms need to be sent by post, they should be addressed as follows:
Effectiveness and Achievement Administrative Assistant
Please notify us by email if forms will be arriving by post. Please mark envelopes as 'Confidential' and indicate that NQT assessment forms are enclosed. Forms submitted electronically do not need to be sent by post, unless they cannot be signed with e-signatures.
Newly Qualified Teacher induction training
For details of the comprehensive training programme for NQTs for 2017 to 2018, refer to the 'Pathfinder CPD offer' via the Pathfinder website.
Newly Qualified Teacher documents
Please note that forms must be submitted for the current academic year, even if the NQT is completing induction across 2 academic years, for example, if an NQT started induction in 2016 to 2017, the 2017 to 2018 forms must be completed now. Full dates, that is, dd/mm/yy must be given on ALL forms as the NCTL requires exact dates for their records.
Assessment forms for 2017 to 2018 will be accepted as follows:
- 11 December 2017 to 19 January 2018
- 19 March to 20 April 2018
- 2 July to 20 July 2018
- Assessment forms (including Teacher Standards)
- Assessment forms (excluding Teacher Standards)
- NQT Statutory Guidance
- Appropriate Body registration form (City of York Council)
- Appropriate Body registration form (external)