In our role as an ‘Appropriate Body’, we provide support for Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) and schools as part of the statutory induction process.
We can provide independent quality assurance for the induction process for NQTs.
- schools provide adequate support for NQTs
- NQT assessment is fair and consistent
We will send enrolment forms to schools to register us as their 'Appropriate Body' during the summer term; alternatively go to useful downloads for NQT Induction Providers.
NQTs cannot start their induction until their ‘Appropriate Body’ organisation has been agreed.
Our service offers:
- support throughout the induction programme
- Induction Tutor updates
- in-school support from the local authority Lead Induction Tutor
- administration, support and guidance
- reminders of when each assessment is due
- welcome meetings for all NQTs
- guidance on the statutory induction process
- free support and training for Induction Tutors
The cost of our service for 2017-18 is:
- 1 Newly Qualified Teacher: £150
- 2 to 4 Newly Qualified Teachers: £100 each
- 5 or more Newly Qualified Teachers: £50 each
From 2018-19 onwards we will be introducing a flat rate of £100 per NQT.
Welcome meetings and Induction Tutor and Mentor meetings are offered free through the Pathfinder package.
Schools that do not register NQTs with us as their ‘Appropriate Body’, or opt out of NQT induction training can still access:
- NQT welcome meetings
- Induction Tutor updates
Please remember to notify us if an NQT’s contract or hours have changed since the last induction period, so that we can calculate revised deadlines. This information is essential for our records and is also used for planning purposes.
Please submit all forms by email. If you need to send any forms by post, please address them as follows:
Effectiveness and Achievement Administrative Assistant
York YO1 6GA
Please notify us by email if you are sending your forms by post. Please mark envelopes 'Confidential', indicating that NQT assessment forms are enclosed. Forms submitted electronically do not need to be sent by post, unless they cannot be signed with an e-signature.
Newly Qualified Teacher induction training
For details of the comprehensive training programme for NQTs for 2017 to 2018, see the Pathfinder website.
Newly Qualified Teacher documents
Please note that you must submit forms for the current academic year, even if the NQT is completing induction across 2 academic years. For example, if an NQT started induction in 2016 to 2017, you must complete the 2017 to 2018 forms now. Full dates, (dd/mm/yy) must be given on ALL forms as the National College for Teaching and Leadership (NCTL) requires exact dates for their records.
We will accept assessment forms for 2017 to 2018 as follows:
- 11 December 2017 to 19 January 2018
- 19 March to 20 April 2018
- 2 July to 20 July 2018
Useful downloads for NQT Induction Providers
- Assessment forms (including Teacher Standards)
- Assessment forms (excluding Teacher Standards)
- NQT Statutory Guidance
- Appropriate Body registration form (City of York Council)
- Appropriate Body registration form (external)