Coronavirus protocols for press attending Full Council on Thursday 15 July 2021 at York Racecourse (Ground Floor, Knavesmire Stand).
If you are attending Full Council on Thursday 15 July 2021, you must observe the following protocol, which adheres to any risk assessment conducted by the external venue.
If you’re displaying possible coronavirus symptoms (or anyone in your household is displaying symptoms), you must follow government self-isolation guidance and must NOT attend the meeting.
The Council encourages regular testing of all Officers and Members and also any members of the public in attendance at the Meeting. Any members of the public attending Full Council are advised to take a test within 24 hours of attending a meeting, the result of the test should be negative, in order to attend.
Test kits can be obtained by clicking on either link:
- find where to get rapid lateral flow tests (NHS)
- order coronavirus (COVID-19) rapid lateral flow tests (GOV.UK)
Alternatively, if you call 119 between the hours of 7.00am and 11.00pm, you can order a testing kit over the telephone.
Guidelines for attending Full Council
- not arrive more than 30 minutes before the Meeting is due to start
- wear a face covering whilst in indoor communal areas, face coverings do not need to be worn in the Meeting room, or when seated during the meeting, unless you wish to wear a face covering
- use the hand sanitiser which will be situated on entry and exit to the Knavesmire Stand and in different areas within the Meeting room
- adhere to social distancing where possible when using staircases and walkways, giving way on the staircase landings
- ensure that you maintain social distancing, or travel in the lift alone, if you do use a lift to access upper floors
- sit at the dedicated spaces (you will be provided with your own table which may have a screen on it); if screens are in place do not move them or lean around them
- bring your own drink if required
- maintain social distancing of 2 metres within toilet areas and remain vigilant for other occupants
- only use the designated toilets which are located on the Ground Floor of the Knavesmire Stand
Please note: Anyone intentionally, or repeatedly breaching any of the social distancing measures, or hygiene instructions, may be asked to leave the meeting.
Developing symptoms whilst in external venues
If you develop coronavirus symptoms during Full Council, you should:
- make your way home immediately
- avoid the use of public transport where possible
- self-isolate for 10 days
You should also:
- advise the Meeting organiser so they can arrange to assess and carry out additional cleaning
- continue to observe social distancing
- not remain in the building any longer than necessary
- not visit any other areas of the building before you leave
If you receive a positive test result, or if you develop any symptoms before Full Council is due to take place, you must not attend the meeting.
If you test positive for coronavirus after Full Council, you should:
- Notify the Democratic Services department of the Council immediately, either by emailing: email@example.com, or telephoning 01904 551043.