To help you register, sign in and use My Account, see:
- Registering for My Account
- My Account verification
- Signing in to My Account
- Forgotten My Account password
- Change My Account details
- Using your personal information
- Upgrades to My Account
For further support contact us.
Registering for My Account
Existing My Account customers
If you've used My Account in the last 2 years, confirmed you want to continue using My Account after our system upgrade, and reset your password when requested you can sign in and get started.
If you have not used My Account in the last 2 years, or didn't respond to our recent emails about upgrades to My Account, you'll need to register as a 'new customer'.
New My Account customers
Register for My Account using your email address; visit BBC WebWise for advice, if you don't have one. Don't use a temporary email address, as My Account doesn't recognise these.
Registering is quick and easy; simply provide some basic details while completing these steps:
- Click 'Register for My Account’
- Read and agree to our privacy notice, and set your communication preferences
- Enter your details and create your password
- Click ‘Register’
- Verify your account from the email we'll send
My Account verification
We'll send a message to the email address you provide when you register for My Account; the message contains a link to verify your email address. Once you've clicked the link to complete this step you can sign in and use My Account.
If you don't receive a verification email when you register for My Account, check your ‘junk' or 'spam' email folders. If the validation email is not in your junk or spam email folder contact us for help.
Signing in to My Account
After you've verified your email address you can sign in and use My Account. You don't need to remember a 'username' just use your email address.
My Account will be temporarily disabled if you enter the wrong email address and/or password more than 5 times within 15 minutes.
If My Account is disabled, wait 5 minutes and try again. Contact us for help if you continue to have problems signing in to My Account.
Forgotten My Account password
Click ‘Forgot password’ if you can't remember your password for My Account; we’ll send an email with a secure link to reset your password.
If you don’t receive an email to reset your password, check your ‘junk or 'spam' email folders. If the email is not in your junk or spam folder, click ‘Forgot password?’ again. Contact us for help if you continue to have problems.
Change My Account details
Once you've signed in you can change your details held in My Account including:
- email address
- telephone number
- postal address
Using your personal information
Any personal information you provide will be held securely and will be used in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. When you register, you'll be advised of the terms and conditions for using My Account, which you must confirm reading. Please refer to our privacy notice.
Upgrades to My Account
We’re upgrading My Account to give you more convenient access to more services online; as well as introducing new ways to report problems, we're making improvements so My Account works better for you.
From 27 February 2019 you no longer need to remember a username to sign in to My Account – just use your email address. We've also:
- improved eForms for reporting street lighting and street cleaning problems
- made it possible to view and update reported problems*
- redesigned emails to keep you updated on reported problems
- streamlined processes so we can respond to you more efficiently
- added surveys to gather your feedback on how we dealt with reported problems
*If you reported street lighting or street cleaning problems before 27 February 2019, you will not be able to view or update these in My Account, but you will receive email updates.
Coming soon to My Account
During 2019 we'll add more to My Account, including:
- a webchat service, so you can contact a member of our Customer Services Team, in real time, using instant messaging
- refreshed eForms for reporting fly-tipping and graffiti problems
- new eForms for waste problems, including reporting missed collections, requesting bulky waste collections, and ordering new containers
To give feedback or ask us a question, visit www.york.gov.uk/feedback. Alternatively, join our ‘User Testing Team’ to help ensure our online services are meeting your needs; email: email@example.com to express your interest.