What we offer: health and wellbeing
We want you to be happy and healthy.
- support to help you to register with a GP
- to give information on getting help to pay for prescriptions
- support to help you to register with a dentist
- support to help you move from children’s to adult mental health services
- information about counselling services that are available locally
- information on healthy living and where to get advice (including sexual health)
- a York First bus pass up until 21 years old
- free gym membership in York up until 25 years old
- if you're a young parent, take an interest in your child/ren and support you in accessing support for your family
- information about health drop-in centres
Tips from care leavers
If you move area when you leave care you may need to register with a different GP practice.
It's really important to attend your dentist every 6 months, if you miss your appointments you may have to apply to a new practice for NHS treatment.
Your mental health is important. Pathway can support you to arrange and attend appointments.
It’s important to know about your physical, emotional and sexual health to keep well and to be safe.
Having a bus pass means you're not socially isolated, you can get to visit your family and friends and not have to worry about the weather or getting home at night.
Care Leavers up to the age of 25 are entitled to a free gym and swim membership.
If you do not have a dentist or GP there are drop-ins where you can get help, advice and emergency treatment.