Find out what simple actions residents and businesses can consider taking to help York become an OnePlanet City:
- zero carbon - energy and energy switching - find ways to use less energy, save money and cut carbon
- zero waste - waste and recycling - how to reduce waste, reuse and recycle waste
- sustainable transport - travel by walking, cycling and using public transport
- sustainable materials - find out about local fair trade events and local produce shops in the city
- local and sustainable food - what is being grown and shared locally and how you can get involved
- sustainable water - how to save money on your water bills
- land use and wildlife - protecting and enhancing York's green spaces and wildlife, get involved via The Incredible Movement in York
The lazy person's guide to saving the planet
Calculate your impact on the planet and take simple actions to a more sustianable lifestyle.
Save money, be a OnePlanetBusiness
Download our new guide that can help businesses save money through using fewer resources and becoming a OnePlanetBusiness.
Join One Planet York
No single organisation can address York's sustainability challenges alone - we invite businesses, organisations, communities group and individuals to pledge to help York become a more sustainable, resilient and collaborative 'One Planet' city.
There's no assessment and no fee - if you support the vision you are in!
Reasons to pledge:
- being part of a city working together
- gaining increased recognition for your actions feature in our One Planet York directory
- getting access to free practical advice and toolkits
- opportunities to network, share and learn from others
- receiving invites to One Planet York events
- using the One Planet York logo on your own marketing and publicity