York Schools Forum is made up of representatives from schools and academies across York, but other non-school organisations are also represented, such as nursery and 14-19 education providers.
See further details regarding Schools Forum membership.
Schools Forum meetings 2018 to 2019
All Schools Forum meetings take place at West Offices, and are open to observers.
|Schools Forum meeting dates||Venue||Time|
|Friday 28 September 2018 (autumn term)||Cerialis Room||9.00am to midday|
|Monday 4 February 2019 (spring term)||Cerialis Room||9.00am to midday|
|Thursday 9 May 2019 (summer term)||Severus Room||1.00pm to 4.00pm|
|Friday 5 July 2019 (summer term)||Cerialis Room||9.00am to midday|
Schools Forum meeting documents
Schools Forum responsibilities
The forum acts as a consultative body on some issues and a decision making body on others for:
- changes to the local funding formula (the local authority is responsible for the final decision, although in some cases it may delegate the decision-making power to the Schools Forum)
- proposed changes to the operation of the 'minimum funding guarantee'
- changes to/new contracts affecting schools (for example, school meals)
- arrangements for pupils with Special Educational Needs, in pupil referral units and in 'early years' provision
The forum is responsible for decisions on:
- how much funding may be centrally retained within the Dedicated Schools Grant (for example, for the Admissions Service, prudential borrowing costs, additional funding available for growing schools)
- any proposed 'carry forward' of deficits on central spend from one year to the next
- proposals to de-delegate funding from maintained primary and secondary schools (for example, for staff supply cover, insurance, behaviour support)
- changes to the scheme of financial management
Further information on Schools Forums is available in the Schools Forum operational and good practice guide (GOV.UK), which includes the following information and resources:
- Schools Forum powers and responsibilities
- Schools Forum structure
- Schools Forum self-assessment toolkit