York Schools Forum is made up of representatives from schools and academies across York, but other non-school organisations are also represented, such as nursery and 14-19 education providers.
Schools Forum responsibilities
The forum acts as a consultative body on some issues and a decision making body on others for:
- changes to the local funding formula. (The local authority is responsible for the final decision, although in some cases it may delegate the decision-making power to the Schools Forum)
- proposed changes to the operation of the 'minimum funding guarantee'
- changes to/new contracts affecting schools (for example, school meals)
- arrangements for pupils with special educational needs, in pupil referral units and in 'early years' provision
The forum is responsible for decisions on:
- how much funding may be centrally retained within the Dedicated Schools Grant (for example, for the Admissions Service, prudential borrowing costs, additional funding available for growing schools)
- any proposed 'carry forward' of deficits on central spend from one year to the next
- proposals to de-delegate funding from maintained primary and secondary schools (for example, for staff supply cover, insurance, behaviour support)
- changes to the scheme of financial management
All Schools Forum meetings are public meetings and are open to observers.
Further information on Schools Forums, including a simple table showing the decision making responsibilities of the Schools Forum, can be found on the DfE website.
Schools Forum meeting documents
- Agenda pack 5 February 2018
- Draft Minutes 25 September 2017 and Agenda pack 25 September 2017
- Minutes 3 July 2017 and Agenda pack 3 July 2017
- Minutes 3 April 2017 and Agenda pack 3 April 2017
- Minutes 13 February 2017 and Agenda pack 13 February 2017
- Minutes 29 September 2016 and Agenda pack 29 September 2016
- Minutes 5 July 2016 and Agenda pack 5 July 2016
- Minutes 25 April 2016 and Agenda pack 25 April 2016
- Minutes 14 December 2015 and Agenda pack 14 December 2015
- Minutes 29 September 2015 and Agenda pack 29 September 2015
- Minutes 7 July 2015 and Agenda pack 7 July 2015
- Minutes 13 April 2015 and Agenda pack 13 April 2015
- Minutes 8 December 2014 and Agenda pack 8 December 2014