Nordic Walking uses special poles to enhance walking style, with an upper body technique similar to that of cross-country skiing.
Nordic Walking courses
We hold 'Learn to Nordic Walk' courses throughout the year.
Our next four-week course:
- begins on Friday 22 June 2018
- will take place between 10.00am and 11.00am in Rowntree Park
- costs £25.00 (includes hire of Nordic Walking poles)
At the end of the course, you'll be issued with a Nordic Walking UK Freedom Card, which means you can attend affiliated walking groups anywhere in the UK.
For further information or to book a place, please contact us.
Nordic Walking social groups
For those already familiar with the technique, there are several social Nordic Walking groups in York.
Community Nordic Walks
- Fridays: 10.00am to 11.00am
- meet at: Rowntree Park Car Park
- cost: free (£2.00 for pole hire)
A fast-paced session for experienced walkers led by volunteers; anyone with a Nordic Walking UK Freedom Card may attend.
Nordic Walks with Karen Heldt, Personal Trainer
- Thursdays: 10.00am to 11.00am
- meet at: Rawcliffe Bar Country Park Office, Rawcliffe Bar Park and Ride
This walk includes additional exercises designed to improve muscle function.
For further details or to book, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 07771 921888.
- Tuesdays: 10.00am to 11.00am - wellbeing session
- Tuesdays: 7.00pm to 8.00pm - workout session
- meet at: The Knavesmire
For details or to book a place, contact Rebecca Paylor on telephone: 07912 867823 or visit Nordic Strides.