Nordic Walking uses special poles to enhance walking style, with an upper body technique similar to that of cross-country skiing.
Nordic Walking courses
We hold 4-week 'Learn to Nordic Walk' courses throughout the year.
Courses will be held on the following dates:
- 7, 14, 28 September and 5 October 2018
- 23, 30 November and 7, 14 December 2018
- 11, 18, 25 January and 1 February 2019
- 15, 22, 29 March and 5 April 2019
At the end of these courses, you'll be issued with a Nordic Walking UK Freedom Card, which means you can attend affiliated walking groups anywhere in the UK.
For further information or to book a place, contact Paul Ramskill on telephone: 01904 553372 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Nordic Walking
For those already familiar with Nordic Walking, we're currently running a fast-paced volunteer-led session:
- Fridays: 10.00am to 11.00am
- meet at: Rowntree Park carpark
- cost: free (£2.00 for pole hire)
Anyone with a Nordic Walking UK Freedom Card is welcome to attend.