We offer 10 week 'walk to jog' courses designed to help you progress your fitness at a steady rate, in a fun and social environment. Courses cost £10 and you will receive a free t-shirt at the end of the course.
- week 1 consists of a moderately paced walk along the city's river accumulating a distance of around 3.5km (2miles)
- by week 10 you will be able to jog 5km (3.2miles) without the need for rest
- for advanced joggers, our experienced run leaders have a range of ways to keep you challenged
The great thing about this course is, no matter what level you're starting from, you won't get left behind.
The following courses will be starting soon:
- Monday 17 April 2017 - Walk to Jog and 5k to 10k at Rowntree Park from 6.30pm to 7.30pm. Meet outside Rowntree Park car park, Terry Avenue, York YO23 1JQ.
Booking is required either through RunTogther or by contacting:
- Hannah Higginson, by email email@example.com
- or tel: 01904 553377
Just Jog social groups
Come along to our free 'beginners jogging' groups! These sessions have been developed to help you in your training for events such as the 'Race 4 Life' 5km and 10km events.
We aim to help you complete the event and hope that you will enjoy the fun and friendly social training sessions for mixed ability joggers, led by highly qualified instructors. With support from 'Run York' joggers, we will help you build your fitness levels ready for York's main running events.
Sessions are active at a range of locations and times across the city:
This session is held in partnership with Run York.