You need permission to place temporary traffic lights on the road. The company carrying out works is responsible for applying for permission.
There is no cost associated with the application.
Required notice for temporary traffic lights
Allow at least 2 working days for permission to be granted.
- 7 working days' notice is required for minor works
- 28 days' notice is required for major works (lasting over 10 working days)
- if temporary lights are required urgently, for emergency works, email your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible
Contact the Streetworks team if you have any further queries.
Not all applications fall under tacit consent parameters, due to reasons of public interest.
If tacit consent applies, then you can act as if your application has been granted if we do not respond within a specified time after the confirmed receipt of your application.
Tacit consent does not apply to this application, therefore it is in the public interest that we process your application before it can be granted.
- you cannot assume permission will be given
- we will contact you within 5 working days to acknowledge receipt of your application
- if you have not heard from us within 5 working days please contact us to check the status of your application