The overarching purpose of the SEN Service is to ensure the best possible quality of education and outcomes for all children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities within the context of an inclusive educational system.
The service aims to promote the wellbeing, personal development and education of children through the provision of high quality assessment, advice, intervention and designated special provision to meet identified needs.
The work of this service is organised to deliver improved outcomes for children within the context of the government’s SEN strategy 'Removing Barriers to Achievement', 'Every Child Matters', 'National Service Framework for Children' and 'Aiming High for Disabled Children'.
The Service is comprised of
- Interim Head of SEN Services - Jess Haslam, tel: 01904 554322
- The Educational Psychology Service - Tina Hardman, tel: 01904 554307
- The Specialist Teaching Service - Penny McDonald, tel: 01904 554204
- The SEN Co-ordination Service - Dave McCormick - Tel: 01904 554306
- The Parent Partnership Service - Gill Milner, tel: 01904 554562
- The Portage and Pre-school Service - Christine Clarke, tel: 01904 555085
- Early Support Key Worker Coordinator Service - Christine Clarke, tel: 01904 555085