School Insurance

School insurance

We hold both Public and Employers' Liability cover for local authority schools, excluding academies, as detailed below:

  • Insurer: Zurich Municipal
  • Policy Number: QLA-03U002-0033
  • Portal ID: C00108

If you make a claim against us for property damage or injury:

  • there is no automatic right to compensation
  • events often occur that are not due to any negligence
  • we will not always be liable to compensate

Insurance advice for schools

We provide advice on insurance for school buildings, staff and visitors and ensure there is cover in place to indemnify schools for claims made against them. Cover extends to the activities of School Governors, but not parent-teacher associations (PTAs).

All potential claims should:

  • be reported to us with 24 hours
  • include a crime reference number if theft, arson or malicious damage has been reported to the Police
  • be forwarded to the Insurance Section if received directly in school

Insurance cover for schools

Insurance policies depend on the type of school and the level of education provided, they include:

  • indemnity for claims made by third parties for injury, property damage or financial loss
  • indemnity for claims made by employees for personal injury
  • repairing or replacing damage to the school building, contents or glazing
  • comprehensive motor insurance
  • school journey cover for your off-site activities

Schools can be provided with a 'personalised schedule' on request.

For getting our insurance guide for schools please email

Also see

Comment on this page
Back to the top of the page