Admissions into any school are governed by its admission policy which is written, determined and administered by the school's admissions authority:
- for Community and Voluntary Controlled schools, the admissions authority is the Local Authority
- for Voluntary Aided and Academy schools, the admissions authority is the Governing Body or Academy Trust of the school
The guide for parents includes information on each school, including the admissions authority. For any enquiries about admission policies, please contact the admissions authority for the particular school.
For school contact details, see our schools directory.
Admission policies for applications for future school years have to be formally determined. Determination follows a period of consultation and happens many months before the start of the school year in which the policies apply.
Policies will be made available here when they have been determined.
- Policies for the 2017/18 school year
- Policies for the 2018/19 school year
- Policies for the 2019/20 school year - these policies were under consultation until 1 December 2017 and will be determined by 28 February 2018.
We also publish an annual school admissions report each year to the Schools Adjudicator with information regarding school admissions in the York area.