Admissions into any school are governed by its admission policy which is written, determined and administered by the school's admission authority:
- for Community and Voluntary Controlled schools, the admission authority is the Local Authority
- for Voluntary Aided and Academy schools, the admission authority is the Governing Body or Academy Trust of the school
The Guide for Parents includes information on each school, including who is the admission authority. For any enquiries about admission policies, please contact the admission authority for the particular school.
Admission policies for applications for future school years have to be formally determined. Determination follows a period of consultation and happens many months before the start of the school year in which the policies apply.
Policies will be made available here when they have been determined or where they are in draft form or under consultation:
- Policies for the 2018/19 school year
- Policies for the 2019/20 school year
- Policies for the 2020/21 school year - these policies are not yet finalised, but will be by 28 February 2019
We also publish an annual school admissions report each year to the Schools Adjudicator with information regarding school admissions in the York area.